Thursday, November 08, 2012

In Thailand

Uzbekistan Airways are just what they sound. A 14-hour ordeal in cramped seats, on dilapidated Boeing 757's with scowling post-Soviet and future-Jihadist air crews to whom the customer is strictly wrong. No, you may not go to the bathroom at this point. A 2.5-hour stopover in Tashkent airport, where the only planes on the runway are Uzbekistan Airways ones (creepy!), the tiny terminal is suffused with cigarette smoke, but there is a fully functional bar. A one-armed kid in dress pants and pointy lacquered dress shoes. A notch north on the Borat Scale and there would have been goats running the aisles on the plane.

To top it off, some turbulence. But finally I'm on ground.

It's hot here.

6 comments:

masha_s said...

What a wonderful picture :) Loved reading it!

Brian said...

What did you expect? :)

Raz said...

Thanks, Masha!

Brian - I expected first class service, of course. :)

Unknown said...

Be thankful that the captain didn't want to have "sexy time" with you...

Raz said...

Well stated, UNKNOWN. I will watch out for Uzbeks seeking sexy time with me.

Joooles_M said...

Uzbekistan Airways? Wow who knew ...